The wind and cold weather seems to give a natural blush. While the Rudolph-nose that comes with this may not be the most flattering aspect, the pink-red cheekiness one gets from a walk in the cold is actually really cute. Stainiac mimicked this natural phenomena, and will continue to last even after hours in front of the fireplace!
Many criticize cheek stains for being hard to work with because they dry too fast and go on too heavy and then fade withing minutes. But Stainiac was different. It went on very smoothly and evenly. The color is very comparable to Benetint, but the staying power of Stainiac knocked Benetint out of the park!
I love this blush and would definitely consider buying it once I use up my whole sample!
Stay cheeky and stay beautiful!
It feels like yesterday that I was writing the “Beach bag Essentials” article, and here I am, four months later and about seventy degrees colder, shivering as I write whats absolutely needed for a fabulous winter day trip— be it the mall or the slopes!
1. Hand Cream The coldest of seasons makes for the driest of hands. Pack a small hand cream, like L’Occitane Shea butter or Neutrogena (for those of us on a budget!) to keep your hands from uncomfortably drying up and cracking.
2. Lip Balm If there’s any area that feels the winter wrath worse than hands, its the lips, because they do not have pockets or gloves to hide in. Choose a lip balm with beeswax in it for a longer lasting, more soothing feel. Burts Bees even has great tinted balms!
3. A book or magazine You never know when you’re going to be caught up on line waiting for the little ones to see Santa, or when you’ve had enough skiing or snowboarding for the day and want to retire to the lodge.
4. Hand Sanitizer Merry flu season! Be proactive in avoiding sickness this winter! Get a fun holiday-scented sanitizer like those from Bath and Body Works- you’ll be much more inclined to use it!
5. Extra Gloves It has happened to everyone: you sit down at the restaurant with two gloves, and leave with one. Carry backup and be prepared!
6. Sunglasses Though it may not feel like it, the sun is still beating down on us in the wintertime. As a matter of fact, it could also be stronger, because the light tends to intensify when reflected off the snow. Protect your eyes! Sunglasses and moisturizers with SPF are NOT just winter products!
Pack well and be prepared for the season! What do you pack in your winter tote?
Stay essential and stay beautiful!
Orange fruits and vegetables, like sweet potatoes, squash, tangerines, and oranges are in season in the fall and winter (ahem- now) and have great benefits to make sure you stay healthy and fabulous throughout the cold!
Beta- carotene this nutrient, that gives orange fruits and veggies their color, can boost eye health and also help prevent sun damage. And YES! you can get sunburn in the winter- there have been countless ski trips where I’ve returned looking like a lobster.
Vitamin A and Vitamin C Both help in boosting your immune system! Stay active and gorgeous this winter without letting sickness slow you down! It is also speculated that Vitamin A can battle breast cancer.
Stay orange (in a non-snooki way) and stay beautiful!
Now is the time to be thankful! Obviously I’m so blessed to have an amazing family, wonderful boyfriend, and a great group of friends, but my skin is also thankful for some of these products!
2. Lush’s Snowcake
3. Nars Orgasm Blush
4. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
5. Aveeno lotion
What products are you happy to have?
Stay thankful and stay beautiful!
Being fit is a huge part of being healthy and fabulous, and the right equipment can play a huge role! Welcome to my first ever sneaker review!
Last Christmas, as asked for, my dad got me New Balance 1010 trail running sneakers. While they’re not the most attractive shoes on the market, they seem to be one of the lightest, which is my favorite quality about them. They were perfect for lifting because they were pretty flat and great for Crossfit style workouts because they are lightweight and very flexible because they have the Vibram bottom.
While perfect for the gym, I would not use these as my primary running sneakers. Because they’re flat, they have little to no arch support, so my soles were hurting by the end of my 2 mile run last night.
I workout multiple times a week in the gym and the soles of these shoes are still in great condition! I do, however, have some tears in the outer mesh.
I’m due for a new pair of shoes for my birthday (December 21st!) and am debating if I want the newer, prettier New Balance Minimus, or if I want to try out the Crossfit sneakers, made by Reebok.
What do you guys think I should ask for?
Stay moving and stay beautiful!
Anonymous asked: You can absolutely use FUN as shampoo! You only need a tiny bit, later between your hands to start with then just lather into your hair. I didn't even need conditioner. You should try the gold one they have out for Christmas because it's fantastic.